D's Food 'n Stuff

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Apple Tartlet Filling ( I cannot bake at all!!!!!!!)

And it's a good thing, since Melissa loves to bake. I got this idea in my head that I would make some tartlets. I made them before and they were really good, so what the heck, right? WRONG!!!

My dough would barely stay together but I kept going, and the filling for the tartlets was actually pretty good. Once I managed to get the dough into some muffin pans I filled with with an apple-pecan mixture.

Take about three sweet apples, peel, core and slice them pretty thin. In a saucepan, bring three cups of Port wine, a teaspoon each of ground cloves and nutmeg, and two to three teaspoons of ground cinnamon to a boil. Boil for about five minutes until most of the alcohol is gone (you can tell by taking a big whiff of the steam!) then add your apples and a cup of brown sugar and cook for about ten minutes, until they are soft and the sauce becomes syrupy (is that even a word!!!). Then pull off the heat and add about half a cup of whole pecans.

This is what you fill the pastry shells with, baking for about twenty minutes at 375. They really are pretty good but I need to work on the dough - maybe I'll just buy it frozen next time.

Up next - a brie, honey, and walnut filled pastry (IF my dough works!!!)

AND - my wife makes a posole that will knock your boots off - check it out here! I could eat this stuff almost every day!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger He who wears the most black wins. said...

About that brie, honey and walnut tartlet......?

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home